A lot has changed since the days when people had to use the built-in screenshot feature on their HP laptop.
Today, there are a number of different ways to take a screenshot, no matter what device you’re using.
Whether you’re using an HP laptop or another brand of device, we’ve gathered up seven different methods for taking a screenshot.
From pressing a button to using a keyboard shortcut, read on to learn all you need to know about taking a screenshot on your HP laptop.
Table of Contents
- Method #1: How to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
- Method #2: Use Windows + Print Screen to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
- Method #3: Use Alt + Print Screen to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
- Method #4: Use Snip & Sketch tool to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
- Method #5: Use Snagit to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
- Method #6: Use Lightshot to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
- Method #7: Use Greenshot to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
Method #1: How to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
There are various methods you can use to take a screenshot on your HP laptop.
One of the most common ways is to hit the “Print Screen” key while holding down the “Alt” key. This will capture the entire screen and save it as a picture file.
Another way is to press “F12” and then use the cursor keys to move the screenshot around until you have it just the way you want it.
If you don’t have a print screen button or if you want to save your screenshot as a JPG or PNG image, you can also click on “Windows Key + Print Screen” and then choose “Screenshot.”
Method #2: Use Windows + Print Screen to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
Taking a screenshot on an HP laptop is not as difficult as it may seem. Windows+Print Screen combination can easily capture the entire screen of your HP laptop in a jiffy.
But before you start capturing, there are a few things you need to keep in mind – like choosing the right resolution and file format.
Here’s how to take a screenshot on an HP laptop:
- Open Windows and sign into your account.
- Click Start and type “Printer.” Your printer should be listed under “Other devices.” This will open the Printers window.
- If your HP laptop does not have a built-in printer, you can also connect to an external printer by opening Control Panel > Printers and Faxes > Add Printer .
- Right-click on your desired printer and select “Properties.”
- Under “Settings,” click the “Screenshots” tab.
- In the “Screen Shots” section, select “Print Screenshot.”
- Click on the “Print” button to start capturing the screen of your HP laptop in JPEG or PNG format (depending on what you selected earlier).
Method #3: Use Alt + Print Screen to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
If you are using an HP laptop, one way to take a screenshot is to press Alt + Print Screen.
This will launch theScreenshot program and prompt you to select a destination.
You can choose a file to save the screenshot to or you can send it via email.
Method #4: Use Snip & Sketch tool to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
You can use the Snip & Sketch tool to take a screenshot on an HP laptop. This is a quick way to capture the entire screen or part of it.
To use this feature, first click on the Snip & Sketch icon in the toolbar and then select the area you want to capture.
You can also use this feature to capture text, images, or videos.
After you have selected the area, click on the Capture button to start taking the screenshot.
Capture any of the following types of snips:
|Free-form snip||Draw a free-form shape around an object.|
|Rectangular snip||Drag the cursor around an object to form a rectangle.|
|Window snip||Select a window, such as a dialog box, that you want to capture.|
|Full-screen snip||Capture the entire screen.|
When you capture a snip, it’s automatically copied to the Snipping Tool window where you make changes, save, and share.
How to Open Snipping Tool
|For Windows 10||Select the Start, enter snipping tool, then select Snipping Tool from the results.Press Windows logo key + Shift + S.|
|For Windows 8.1 or Windows RT 8.1||Swipe in from the right edge of the screen, select Search, enter snipping tool in the search box, and then select Snipping Tool from the list of results.|
|For Windows 7||Select Start, then enter snipping tool in the search box, and then select Snipping Tool from the list of results.|
Method #5: Use Snagit to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
- Open Snagit and click the “Screenshots” tab.
- Click the “New screenshot” button to create a new screenshot.
- Select the area you want to capture and click the “Take screenshot” button.
- The screenshot will be saved to your computer.
Method #6: Use Lightshot to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
- Access the “HP LightShot” app on your HP laptop.
- Select the “Screenshot” option from the app’s main menu.
- Use the input devices on your HP laptop to capture the desired screenshot.
- Save the screenshot in a location of your choosing.
Method #7: Use Greenshot to Take a Screenshot on an HP Laptop
If you’re looking for a way to take a screenshot on your HP laptop, Greenshot is the perfect app.
It’s free and easy to use, and it works with most laptops. Here are four ways to take a screenshot using Greenshot:
- Click the “Window” button on the keyboard, then click “Screen Shots.”
- Select the desired area of the screen you want to capture, then click “Take Photo.”
- Drag the slider across the bottom of the window to select how large of a copy you want to make, then press “Take Photo.”
- To save your screenshot as a graphic file, click “File,” then click “Save As…” and enter a filename.
As a computer nerd, I spend my days reviewing laptops and computers for various companies. I’m passionate about my work and enjoy helping people find the perfect device for their needs. I also happen to be really funny, which makes working with people a breeze.I grew up in San Francisco and quickly became a tech enthusiast. I loved how technology had the potential to change the world and how it was constantly evolving. I also loved spending time on my laptop or computer, tinkering with new programs or exploring different websites.I firmly believe that anyone can be successful if they work hard and are passionate about their goals. If you’re looking for a hard worker who is funny and loves computers, feel free to contact me!